The Freeport United Methodist Church is the oldest religious building in the Village of Freeport having been erected in 1895. Our first church building was erected in 1833 on what is now Church Street. We have an adjacent building complete with a large gathering hall, a semi-large hall with a stage, a chapel, and several offices available for suitable non-profits that benefit our community.
Our last building used to be our Parsonage but was repurposed as a home for Veterans.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The United Methodist Church is a 12.5-million-strong global church that opens hearts, opens minds, and open doors through active engagement with our world. Read more about the church’s mission statement.
John Wesley and the early Methodists placed primary emphasis on Christian living, on putting faith and love into action. This emphasis on what Wesley referred to as "practical divinity" has continued to be a hallmark of United Methodism today.
We invite you to learn more about our rich theological heritage.
The mission of the Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world by proclaiming the good news of God's grace and by exemplifying Jesus' command to love God and neighbor, thus seeking the fulfillment of God's reign and realm in the world.